Friday, March 23, 2007

French Roadtrip 2007

Hello,

the penny dropped, and I realised that the weekend I go to France for a month, is the weekend of the Pass Portes du Soleil. So I figured, why not stop off for a couple of days in Switzerland on the way down to 2alpes and do this:

Approximately 80 km - 12 ski-lifts - 6200m of total downhill
7 different resorts to start from: - In France: Avoriaz, Châtel, Les Gets and Morzine
- In Switzerland: Champéry, Morgins and Torgon
320 m of total uphill climb
7 refreshement points
Start at any time between 8 a.m. and 10 a.m. from each resort.

So, on Sunday 1st July I shall be starting from Morgins in Switzerland giving the Enduro (which is now finished) a good opening blast for the holiday. The refreshments mentioned are wine and cheese :D Of course, will be taking it fairly easy, as I don't really want to break myself on the first weekend of a months holiday. So, hotel booked for Saturday night and Sunday night. Should arrive at around 6pm on Saturday night I think after the long drive from Zeebrugge, nice nights sleep, then ride Sunday. Collapse Sunday evening, then set off for 2Alpes on Monday. Might goo over to the Pre la Joux bike park for half a day on Monday, however I suspect I'll need a rest after 6200m of downhill..... :D


Heres the Enduro - looking good:
Hoping to go to Llandegla tomorrow for a test ride......

No comments: