Saturday, June 30, 2007

je suis arrivé

Phew - arrived in Morgins in Switzerland at around 6pm. 8hrs 38mins of travelling. TomTom was great throughout - brought me via Lausanne in Switzerland, dropped me right at the edge of Lake Geneva, drove past Montreux (made famous in Deep Purples "Smoke on the Water" - classic 70s rock!!!)

Small issue when I tried to fill up with gas at my planned stop near Troyes. The connector is different to the UK Arggghhh. I had been warned of this but plain forgot to check. Fortunately, they handily sold a converter at the station as well. Panic over. LPG (or GPL as it is known here!) is around 0.70 Euro a litre, more expensive than the UK, but unleaded is 1.70 Euro here in the Alps so much cheaper than that.

Hotel is great, I'll get some photos, a large painting of a cow is on the wall in a psychedelic style, I think photos are needed to see what I mean there. (Update - heres the cow)


Free wireless internet too (hence this)

Registered and got my pack for the event tomorrow, I am number 3201. Weatherwise, according to the tourist centre, there may be storms tomorrow afternoon, so an early start is in order. The lifts close in the event of storms so that no-one gets struck by lightning.

Spoken to Glen (airscool) and I am meeting up with him and a couple of other BadBrainsers for food at 8:30pm in Chatel. Then early to bed.

No comments: